Jonny originally joined the firm as a solicitor in 2009. For the past 10 years, he has been living in the United States, England, Australia and New Zealand developing his business acumen by completing an MBA and growing his own software start-up from an idea to a multi-million revenue business.
In 2020 Jonny returned to the firm with a mission to support other start-up, high growth and innovative companies with their own challenges and opportunities.
As a result of his holistic professional experience, he is able to support clients with both a legal and pragmatic business-minded approach.
Jonny’s key areas of expertise include:
- HR/Employment: Employment agreements, employment grievances, HR strategy
- Start-up: fundraising, share register management, business plan and prospectus documentation
- Disputes: supplier/customer disputes, shareholder/director disputes
- Small-claims: pursuit of debtors, disputes tribunal applications
When Jonny’s not in the firm, you’ll find him either on his bike, in the kitchen or at the playground with his wife and 3 year old son.
If you are thinking about starting a business, already have a business you would like to grow, or simply have challenges and opportunities you wold like support with, Jonny will be excited to support you.
Relevant Professional Education:
- Bachelor of Laws, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Electives in Business Strategy, Duke University, NC, United States
- Technology Ventures Programme (with Distinction), Stanford University, CA, United States by distance